Appointments are available on weekday mornings and afternoons. For availability click here.
Sessions & Fees
The session fee is $215. Counselling fees with a Clinical Social Worker are not reimbursed under Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, or Nova Scotia Health Care. If you have extended health care insurance or an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), you may be insured for part or all of the counselling costs.
Payment is required by e-transfer at least one hour before the start of the session.
Kristy is licensed to provide counselling services for clients attached to the following programs: NIHB Mental Health Counselling; Alberta Physician and Family Support Program (PFSP) with Unify Consulting Group; WCB; Greenspace; and Layla Care. Please contact Kristy for further details should you require additional information on these programs.
Sessions last between 50 and 75 minutes, depending on clinical need.
At this time, all sessions take place through a secure, online, video platform. To book an appointment online please visit this link.
Should you be unable to find a time slot in the online schedule that fits in your schedule, please email Kristy at [email protected] to discuss scheduling.
*** Important Notes Regarding Scheduling***
Kristy’s schedule fills very quickly. In order to best secure the frequency of appointments desired, it is strongly recommended that you always have appointments booked 3-4 months in advance with the ability to cancel up to 24 hours prior to appointment time. If advanced booking is not completed your desired frequency of appointments may not be accommodated.
When booking telehealth appointments please consider these important elements:
- Kristy is a registered social worker in four Canadian provinces: Alberta; Ontario; British Columbia, and Nova Scotia. Therefore, in order to engage in telehealth services, you MUST be physically present in one of these three provinces at the time of your appointment. You must provide your physical location at the beginning of each telehealth session. Should you login outside of one of these locations and/or Kristy cannot determine your location you will be asked to reschedule your session and be charged the corresponding no-show fee for the session.
- All telehealth sessions will be completed through the Jane App platform. For privacy and security reasons no alternative platforms will be considered.
- It is strongly recommended that you log on to your appointments ten minutes prior to start time to test your audio, video, and internet connection. If consistent interruptions to either audio or video persist such that it interrupts the flow of the session you will be asked to reschedule your appointment, and charged the corresponding no-show fee for the session.
- Your privacy and confidentiality in your session are of paramount importance. You must be logging into your session in a safe, secured space. You MUST have a closed door between you and other individuals in your home/space. Any additional individuals joining your appointment for therapeutic purposes need to be approved by Kristy prior to the start time of your appointment. Should you log on to session and other individuals are present in your space, or Kristy cannot confirm that you are alone in a private space, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment and charged the resulting no-show fee.
- For safety and privacy reasons telehealth sessions cannot be completed in vehicles of any kind. Should you log on to the session in a vehicle you will be asked to reschedule your appt and charged the corresponding no-show fee.
- Pets are permitted in the telehealth space at your comfort level. However, if the presence of pets in the room begins to interrupt the flow of the session and/or impacts the audio and video during the session you will be asked to remove your pets from the space.
- Should the connection be lost via telehealth on the Jane app during the session Kristy will contact you via the telephone number on file as soon as the connection is lost. If safety concerns exist and you do not answer the telephone, or cannot otherwise be reached within ten minutes of losing connection, your emergency contact on file and/or emergency services will be contacted to assist in ensuring your safety.
- Telehealth sessions will never be recorded by either party under any circumstances. Recording telehealth sessions will result in immediate termination of services and referral to other mental health supports.
- During your telehealth session, you are requested to close all other electronic applications on your device to fully remain present with the therapy session.
Kristy Brosz Counselling & Consulting DOES NOT offer crisis support. If you are in crisis and need immediate support, please contact a 24/7 Distress Center in your province or dial 911 or proceed to your nearest emergency department. If you are in Alberta, you can contact the Calgary Distress Center at 403-266-4357. If you are in British Columbia, you can contact the Vancouver Distress Center at 604-872-3311. If you are in Ontario, you can contact the Ottawa Distress Center at 613-238-3311.