How to set up a web site on your cpsc account
Full instructions from the cpsc support staff can be found here.
Here's my quick and dirty way:
And that should be it.
- Allow the web server to access your home directory: chmod 711 ~
- Create a standard directory where all of your web content will be found: mkdir ~/www
- Set permissions so that web server can access it: chmod 711 ~/www
- Put your content in the www directory (i.e., html pages, jpg files, etc).
- Make sure that content is accessible to the webserver (make sure it has file permissions of at least rw-r--r--). Use chmod to fix this if necessary.
- Try accessing it by browsing to http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~yourusername/filename